Veruca Salt is the primary antagonist in Charlie and the Chocolate factory. She has been spoiled rotten ever since birth and has a snobbish attitude, branded furs and her nose is always tilted skyward. She remains placid(this means the times when she
doesn’t TRIES not to throw Oscar worthy tempest-tantrums) when her desires are complete. She has a cascade of pristine chesnut-brown curls on her shoulders, an icy stare and a cold, regal face.
i am not the best Edit
Since her father got a lesson on parenting from the Oompa Loompa's, Veruca's life would probably have changed forever. Her father would've gotten more strict (as shown as they leave the factory covered in garbage).
Veruca's Song Edit
Veruca's song is sort of 1960's psychedelia. It is sung right after she falls down the garbage chute. It describes how rotten she is (figuratively, and literally).
Veruca Salt, the little brute, has just gone down the garbage chute.
And she will meet, as she descends, a rather different set of friends .
A rather different set of friends!
A fish head for example cut this morning from a halibut.
An oyster from an oyster stew.
A steak that no one else would chew.
And lots of other things as well, each with it's rather horrid smell!
These are Veruca's new found friends that she will meet as she descends!
These are Veruca's new found friends!
Who went and spoiled her, who indeed?
Who pandered to her every need?
Who turned her into such a brat?
Who are the culprits, who did that?
The guilty ones, now this is sad, are dear old mum and loving Dad.
Mr. Salt: AHHHHHHHH!
- Veruca is the only child not to be present for her Oompa Loompa song
- Julia Winter joked that they chose her because she has an "evil spirit" inside of her.
- Veruca, along with Mike Teavee, are the only children who are not directly mean to Charlie Bucket.
- Veruca mansion in the movie is an actual house. It was filmed at the famous Hatfield House in Hertfordshire, U.K.
- Veruca has one pony, two dogs, four cats, six bunny rabbits, two parakeet, two canaries, a green parrot, a turtle, and a silly old hamster.
- She has a ugly-girl personality.